Re: [Wesnoth-dev] More Thoughts on Knalgans

From: Nils Kneuper
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] More Thoughts on Knalgans
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:42:15 +0100

David White wrote:

>I concur. I think that if we make ulfserkers decently powerful, the
>dwarves might not have such a problem against poison, because I would
>imagine an Ulfserker as a very good unit to use against assassins.

I think that all poison units are a prob for dwarves. There are some
with ranged combat poison like assaassins. But there is also the ghul,
with close combat poison. This unit is worse for dwarves, because they
do not have any good ranged combat fighters. So at least one unit,
nbormally more, will get poisoned when attacking ghuls. To heal this
units you have to get them (very slowly) to the next village. I think
a change to the ulfserker is a must. 5-4 or maybe even 4-5 would be
good. But nonetheless dwarves could need a unit that can heal *only*
poison status but no damage. This way they could not become
overpowered.
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic