Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Theme System Limitations

From: John McNabb
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Theme System Limitations
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:57:30 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Jordà Polo wrote:
> > Specifying fonts is not critical, but I believe that it is important if
> > we want a proper theme system - obviously there'll need to be some way
> > to provide new fonts along with graphics / theme data. More important
> > is specifying font colour. As you can see from the attached screenshot,
> > if you want to create a light-coloured theme, the writing can barely be
> > seen. This is a problem.
>
> I concur.
>
> Actually, that was already suggested a while ago [1], but no one has
> been interested in implementing it.

Well, after my recent bout of learning the theming system, I have a few
ideas for added flexibility that I will probably impliment.  Assuming it
is not too hard, I will add the font color functionality as well.

        "In theory, theory and practice are the same,
                but in practice they're different."
John W. C. McNabb