Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Next release

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Next release
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 22:51:53 +0100

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:37:46PM +0100, Guillaume Melquiond wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a random thought. I suggest the next release not to be 0.8.12.
> The 0.8.11 release was a good release imo. Since then, there has been
> a lot of intrusive changes. I wouldn't be surprised if the next
> release was rather broken (not that I hope so), so it warrants to be a
> fresh 0.9.0. I think the 0.8 branch should be left as it is.
>
> In fact, we could even start hosting two multiplayer servers. One
> would be for Wesnoth 0.8.11, since it is a nice and stable release.
> And the other would be dedicated to the 0.9 branch. I know such a dual
> server was only supposed to be installed once we reach 1.0. But for
> the first time, I feel a release is worth having its own port on the
> server.

I'd see that as a good idea, but maybe we would want to backport some
bugfixes from current CVS to the 0.8 branch then ?  I'm mostly
thinking about the AI recruiting problem mentionned in the changelog.

--
Yann Dirson    <address@hidden> |
Debian-related: <address@hidden> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux:
     http://ydirson.free.fr/        | Check <http://www.debian.org/>