wxruby-dev

RE: [Wxruby-dev] Windows build error

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [Wxruby-dev] Windows build error
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 03:50:43 -0500

Roy Varghese wrote:

> I am new to Ruby and wxRuby. I am trying to build on Windows using VC++6,
> it stops with the following error.
> -----
> C:\dev\common\wxruby\src>nmake
>
> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
>
> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'button.obj'
> Stop.
> ----
> The Makefile does have the ".t.cpp" rule:
>
> .t.cpp:
>  ruby wxpp.rb $<
>
> .t.h:
>  ruby wxpp.rb $<
>
> What could be the problem? I can execute "ruby wxpp.rb button.t" from
> the command line and it does create the .cpp and .h files, but not using
> nmake.
> Also, these lines in the Makefile end with a ^M. The ones preceding the
> ".t.cpp" rule dont. I guess its because 'mkmf.rb' creates the Makefile in
> binary mode, whereas extconf.rb appends to it in ASCII mode.

Yes, I ran into this problem as well. You have already gone farther than me
in trying to figure it out. For now I was just going to generate them by
hand as I wanted to get further along it testing out wxRuby under Windows.
But now I'm leaving for two weeks and won't be able to do anything.

If you figure it out in the meantime, great. Otherwise, I'll work on it when
I get back.

Curt