wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] Windows build error

From: Park Heesob
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Windows build error
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:51:41 +0900

Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Smith" <address@hidden>
To: "Roy Varghese" <address@hidden>;
<address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 12:14 AM

> On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 23:40, Roy Varghese wrote:
> > I am new to Ruby and wxRuby. I am trying to build on Windows using
VC++6,

> Excellent. Thanks for your help.
>
> > NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'button.obj'
> > Stop.
>
> Strange. Please try deleting button.obj, button.h, and button.cpp and
> then giving the command:
>   nmake button.cpp
>
> If that works, delete them again and try:
>   nmake button.obj
>
> Perhaps it's a problem with the sequence of rules. I think I remember
> that nmake used to have problems with that (ten years ago).
>
> > Also, these lines in the Makefile end with a ^M. The ones preceding the
> > ".t.cpp" rule dont. I guess its because 'mkmf.rb' creates the Makefile
in
> > binary mode, whereas extconf.rb appends to it in ASCII mode.
>
> Does this cause problems for nmake (not counting the problem mentioned
> above)? Or is it just a cosmetic thing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

There is some problems in the lastest CVS version extconf.rb.

1) depends file problem

I see this error
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'button.obj'
Stop.

The content of depends is like this:
app.o: app.cpp wx.h  app_cb.h app.h

But for Windows environment it must be like this:
app.obj: app.cpp wx.h  app_cb.h app.h

I recommand remove  'f.puts("include depends")' from extconf.rb
And rename "depends" to "depend".
Then extconf.rb automatically modify content of depend file and add to
Makefile.

2) additional dependency required
Following lines required in depend file

togglebutton.o: togglebutton.cpp  togglebutton.h
grid.o: grid.cpp grid.h
menuitem.o: menuitem.cpp menuitem.h

Regards,

Park Heesob