wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] Windows build error

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Windows build error
Date: 17 Jul 2003 08:14:15 -0700

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 23:40, Roy Varghese wrote:
> I am new to Ruby and wxRuby. I am trying to build on Windows using VC++6,

Excellent. Thanks for your help.

> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'button.obj'
> Stop.

Strange. Please try deleting button.obj, button.h, and button.cpp and
then giving the command:
  nmake button.cpp

If that works, delete them again and try:
  nmake button.obj

Perhaps it's a problem with the sequence of rules. I think I remember
that nmake used to have problems with that (ten years ago).

> Also, these lines in the Makefile end with a ^M. The ones preceding the
> ".t.cpp" rule dont. I guess its because 'mkmf.rb' creates the Makefile in
> binary mode, whereas extconf.rb appends to it in ASCII mode.

Does this cause problems for nmake (not counting the problem mentioned
above)? Or is it just a cosmetic thing?

Thanks,

Kevin