Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Cross Platform Path issues

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Cross Platform Path issues
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:31:08 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Sascha Silbe <address@hidden>

    > On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 03:27:32PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:

    > [rename .listing since dot-files are inaccessible on some servers]
    > > Thank you for this reminder to push-back harder against a cygwin bug=20
    > > rather than trying to work around it.

    > I don't know how I did that, but you're welcome anyway. :)

Well, in the context of the discussion about the cygwin bug -- tossing
in that one little change is not an outrageous suggestion.   The
changes that were being contemplated because of a bug in Cygwin
dwarfed a little change to the .listing mechanism.

On the other hand, a change to the .listing mechanism is a silly
result.  (Your server is broken if it can't serve .listing files.)

So it was kind of a reductio ad absurdum thing.