Re: [Adonthell-devel] GUI question

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] GUI question
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 21:40:18 +0200

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Josh Glover <address@hidden> wrote:

> The gamepad input works--sort of. The Up and Left directional buttons
> (axis 1 fore and axis 0 fore, respectively) work perfectly, but Right
> and Down work only once, then stop. After scratching my head a bit in
> worldtest, I re-ran inputtest and noticed something interesting.
[...]
> Four push events, four release events.
>
> Now check out what happens when I press Right four times then exit and
> Down four times then exit:
[...]
> Only the initial push event, and no releases.
>
> I checked that my gamepad is working correctly in ZSNES, so it is
> definitely a problem with our event handling in some way. I'm hoping
> to have time to dig into it today.

That would be good. I've seen that there is code that tries to convert
repeated events as you might get from keeping a button pushed into a
single event. Maybe something is fishy with that. Have a look at
src/input/sdl/manager_sdl.cc, starting from line 561. Should be simple
to debug with a gamepad around to trigger the events as needed.

> The good news is that the pipe-delimited config file works as advertised. :)

Great. Would have been awkward if configuring a gamepad would disable
keyboard controls.