Re: [Adonthell-devel] GUI question

From: Josh Glover
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] GUI question
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 10:26:36 +0200

On 21 October 2010 23:46, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can you try to rebuild in src/py-wrappers/adonthell and also
> make install in there? Check that the files get indeed copied to the
> above directory and not to some other location.

OK, that installed a bunch of stuff to
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/adonthell/, and my woes became
a thing of the past. :)

The gamepad input works--sort of. The Up and Left directional buttons
(axis 1 fore and axis 0 fore, respectively) work perfectly, but Right
and Down work only once, then stop. After scratching my head a bit in
worldtest, I re-ran inputtest and noticed something interesting.

Here are runs of inputtest where I press Up four times then exit, and
Left four times then exit:

: address@hidden; ./inputtest
Button axis 1 fore has been pushed.
Button axis 1 fore has been released.
Button axis 1 fore has been pushed.
Button axis 1 fore has been released.
Button axis 1 fore has been pushed.
Button axis 1 fore has been released.
Button axis 1 fore has been pushed.
Button axis 1 fore has been released.
Key escape has been pushed.
Escape pressed, leaving...
: address@hidden; ./inputtest
Button axis 0 fore has been pushed.
Button axis 0 fore has been released.
Button axis 0 fore has been pushed.
Button axis 0 fore has been released.
Button axis 0 fore has been pushed.
Button axis 0 fore has been released.
Button axis 0 fore has been pushed.
Button axis 0 fore has been released.
Key escape has been pushed.
Escape pressed, leaving...

Four push events, four release events.

Now check out what happens when I press Right four times then exit and
Down four times then exit:

: address@hidden; ./inputtest
Button axis 0 back has been pushed.
Key escape has been pushed.
Escape pressed, leaving...
: address@hidden; ./inputtest
Button axis 1 back has been pushed.
Key escape has been pushed.
Escape pressed, leaving...

Only the initial push event, and no releases.

I checked that my gamepad is working correctly in ZSNES, so it is
definitely a problem with our event handling in some way. I'm hoping
to have time to dig into it today.

The good news is that the pipe-delimited config file works as advertised. :)

Cheers,
Josh