Re: [Adonthell-devel] GUI question

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] GUI question
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:16:47 +0200

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> One way to achieve that would be to reverse the configuration. Right
> now we have the action as key and the assigned control as value. If we
> take the control as key instead and the action as value, we can map
> multiple controls to the same action. The only issue with that is that
> a configuration GUI will get a bit more difficult to implement.

As soon as I hit send, another possibility sprang to my mind: we could
just store a comma separated list of controls. That'll keep the
configuration file more readable and means we have less trouble
ensuring that all actions are mapped. A key mapping GUI will still
have to offer options for adding, changing and removing a control from
each of the actions, but there would be fewer changes to the code that
parses the input configuration.

Guess I'll go ahead and implement it that way. Distractions, distractions ...