autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: boost macros use non-portable tac

From: Peter Johansson
Subject: Re: boost macros use non-portable tac
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 23:28:41 +1000

On 9/26/12 9:52 PM, Peter Simons wrote:
you raise a valid point. Some systems may not have tac, so it's surely
better not to depend on that utility. At the same time, the patch that
introduced the dependency had a valid use case, too. So how do we deal
with that? Does m4 have something we can use instead of depending on
tac?
Hi Peter,

IIUC, 'tac' was introduced to reverse the order of the output from 'ls', and I'm thinking that just replacing 'ls' with 'ls -r' would suffice, or am I missing something?

Cheers,
Peter