Re: [avr-chat] HowTo split a program into several files ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] HowTo split a program into several files ?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:03:22 +0200

> Get 3.4.4 if possible (gcc.gnu.org): I think that there is an important
> bug corrected between 3.4.3 and 3.4.4
> and 3.4.4 offers the best size optimization still (better than 4.0.1 at
> the moment)
>
> Also get used to fetch and compile the latest binutils, avr-gcc and
> avr-libc. (you can even write a script
> that will download and compile everything) Put the compilation result of
> the three
> in some well defined place (I use /home/avrdev) so when you move to
> another computer you know exactly
> what to bring with you instead of having to look at hundreds of file in
> /usr/local/something.
>   Bernard

Okay, I gathered over the past few days, that gcc and libc still have
room for significant improvement, and are in constant development, so I
will try and install the latest version both to get the most up to date
efficient tool-chain right now, as well as get the hang of it for
inevitable future updates.
So, as I understand it, I must update from gcc 3.4.3 to 3.4.4, and later
to 4.0, and on the libc side, must update from current 1.2.3 up to
1.2.5, and soon(-ish ?) to 1.4.0 it seems !

--
Vince