Re: [avr-chat] how to program surface-mount micros?

From: Clemens Koller
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] how to program surface-mount micros?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:54:49 +0200

Hi Chris & friends!

Ashley Ward schrieb:
Hi, Chris

I would imagine, build the end product with I.C. installed then have a connector
> [...]
Having the program completed once prototyping is at final stage.
Then download to end product for programming.

Let me justify my answer some emails ago a bit, as now we just got a
lot of possible solutions how to program some AVR (again)... :-)

It mainly depends on your target product what solution is the
best for you. A design which goes in 100k volume is significantly
different as the 10 pieces you build to control some lab equipment.

If you describe what kind of product you want to build and what
market you will design for, it's propably more easy to give you
some hint about a proper design strategy, which is something like:
Calculate the costs, material, HR, risks, service, ... and then decide.

Regards,
--
Clemens Koller