Re: [avr-chat] cheap DIY programming cables: anything on USB ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] cheap DIY programming cables: anything on USB ?
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 16:06:14 +0100

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 09:52:43 -0500
"Graham Davies" <address@hidden> wrote:

> It is my understanding that French, is
> "prescriptive" in that there is an organization (L'Académie française) that
> considers itself responsible for prescribing what is and what isn't in the
> French language.

Yeah, there is the academy indeed.. full of 80 year old ex-writers.
But in practice the French language evoluates without any regard for
the academy ! If we don't make verbs out of common words, it's just
because when they are spoken out loud they are not particularly plesing
to listen to and just sound a bit weird ! So usually it's
counter productive. Interestingly, the few words that the academy tried
to suggest the use of, were hideous (to the ear) words, which were never
adoted by people for that reason. Here I am thinking of their will to
invent from scratch, alternative words to commonly used English terms
(like "e-mail", "spam", every day "IT" words like this).

> The difficulty in Europe is especially perplexing considering where the AVR
> architecture originated.

My thougths indeed !! :-/

--
Vince