bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Bongo wishlist #13: XMMS refugee map

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: [bongo-devel] Bongo wishlist #13: XMMS refugee map
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 21:53:33 +0100

I'm trying to convince one of my friends (Cc'ed) to use Bongo instead of
XMMS.  He has a whole list of Bongo pet peeves on which I will elaborate
later, but the first is that the default map uses keys that are too
difficult to type.  He's used to the keys used in XMMS, which are the
leftmost keys on the bottom row of a qwerty keyboard: z, x, c, v and b,
b for previous, x for play, c for pause, v for stop and b for next.

Perhaps we should add those keys in a different map and allow the user
to select that map if needed; emacs-w3m does that, it has a map with
lynx-like bindings and another with Info-like bindings.

What do you think?

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the