cardinal-dev

Re: [Cardinal-dev] compiler books

From: Marcus Silva
Subject: Re: [Cardinal-dev] compiler books
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 02:55:49 -0400

No one seems to (forgive me if i missed it) have brought up Andrew Appel's "Modern Compiler Implementation in Java/C/Standard ML" (three separate books).

I thought it was a pretty solid book. Direct to the point, and it indeed deserves the word "modern" in the title (Andrew Appel is a very well respected researcher on the field of optimizing compilers).

Worth a look.

Marcus