Re: OJE project

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: OJE project
Date: 06 Apr 2001 08:01:57 -0400

address@hidden (Kevin A. Burton) writes:

> I might argue that the above is correct but the tough part is that there is a
> LOT of good code I would like to bring over from jakarta because we have had
> implement some of the Java stuff in other libraries to bring JDK 1.2 features
> JDK 1.1.8 JVMs.  It is bad that I can't just migrate that code over because
> althoght it is APL it certainly is not copyleft :(

A simple solution (in theory only usually) is to politely ask those
who wrote the code if they would be willing to release it under
another license for the FSF.  If pushed a little, I can probably even
dig up the specifics on gnu's website for what would be acceptable.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>