Re: Replacement applications on nonfree systems

From: Theodore Somers
Subject: Re: Replacement applications on nonfree systems
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 21:02:18 -0700

On 8/26/21 8:27 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:

   > Thanks, I added "we don't review single-platform free software for
   > proprietary operating systems.

That is correct, but incomplete.  To be complete, it should say this:

    We don't review free programs that don't run on GNU or GNU/Linux.

If a program runs on two or more different nonfree platforms,
we still do not review it.

Even if it runs on BSD or Replicant, but not GNU or GNU/Linux, we
still do not review it.  We don't disapprove of them morally, but we
don't study them because that would be outside the scope of our
activity.

That would mean GNU is the scope of the FSF. isn't the FSF separate from GNU? Wouldn't it make sense to leave more room for people to develop operating systems more similar to what they already use if they use something that isn't unix-like? For example: windows users.