[Discuss-gnuradio] usrp oscope, fft_simple & fft

From: cfk
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp oscope, fft_simple & fft
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:16:56 -0800

Hello All:

All three receiving programs in gnuradio-examples/python/usrp are working fine
with my new usrp. The ones tested are usrp_oscope.py, usrp_fft_simple.py &
usrp_ff.py.

The fragility I obseverved yesterday is in my computer setup, and not the
gnuradio software.

I can setup a signal generator with both usrp_fft_simple.py and usro_ft.py and
see a modest 1-2 Mhz signal down to -70dBm. If I phase modulate the signal
generator, I can see the sidebands in the fft display on the computer screen.

The fft program ran all night long and this morning were still displaying the
spectrum just fine.

Kudos to Matt & Eric for a solid piece of hardware and software.

Charles Krinke

p.s. The next step is an in depth study of the classes beginning with
usrp_basic and its subclasses usrp_basic_rx, usrp_basic_tx, usrp_standard,
usrp_standard_tx and usrp_standard_rx, all of which are in usrp/host/lib.

p.p.s I guess I will need to setup an audio device on my test computer soon.

p.p.p.s I also guess I will need to bring out the IF on one of my ham radios
also soon.