Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What is a ppio_ppdev?

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What is a ppio_ppdev?
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:16:53 +0100

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 09:30:33AM -0800, Eric Blossom wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 01:46:22AM +1030, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> > ppio_ppdev: Not implemented on this platform
> >
> > Running NetBSD, I suspect this to be a Linux specific device.

Is there some arch portable way of controlling the parallel port (like
Linux ppdev) under NetBSD?

> In general we should abstract the interface to the RF front end.
> The the user would specify -- perhaps through some kind of preference
> file -- which specific RF front end to use.

Ah, you mean some kind of abstraction library, that is consistent and
portable, has python binding, yet with a *GPL license? We have it,
it's called Hamlib[1] :-) There's already support for microtune 4937 and
4702 (I haven't tested though), a bunch a various transceivers (incl.
SDR1000), receivers, kits, etc.

Would that make it?

[1] http://hamlib.org

--