Re: Proposal for new layout of the GNUstep website now online

From: Iain Hallam
Subject: Re: Proposal for new layout of the GNUstep website now online
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 00:00:32 +0100

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
As I wrote on 09/23/2002, I sat down and made a proposal for a new layout of the GNUstep website.
It is now online here:

http://www.sqar.org/gnustep/website-relaunch/

Hi Lars.

I like the idea of this site; it's very artistic. However, as a main site for the GNUstep project, I think it will lead to great confusion on the part of the users. It will catch people out because there is far too much "below the fold", as seen on my 1024x768 set up. In fact, the main GNUstep box comes almost to the bottom of the Mozilla window. It also takes ages to find whatever you are looking for in the maze of boxes. As an informational user interface, I would find this an obstruction to the main point of the site - disseminating useful content about GNUstep.

Sorry for the negative tone - as I said above, I like the concept, but I think this is not the site on which it should be used.

- Iain.