Re: Marketing, was: Cocoa/Windows parallel dvlpmt

From: Brent Fulgham
Subject: Re: Marketing, was: Cocoa/Windows parallel dvlpmt
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:39:25 -0800 (PST)

--- "Philippe C.D. Robert" <philippe.robert@gmx.net>
wrote:

> What GNUstep is IMHO lacking is GNUstep related
> stories, reports or
> reviews published in non-GNUstep related forums and
> websites. I think
> that only a few people are aware of the current
> state of the project
> because almost nobody talks or writes about it!

I agree.  If I hadn't noticed the uploads that Gürkan
had been making to Debian recently, I wouldn't have
know how far along things were.  I have played with
GNUstep off and on for about the last 6 years, but
only briefly at each time.

I had been under the impression that GNUstep consisted
of the framework, Gorm, and a semi-functional GNUmail
with very little ongoing development.

To the contrary, I now see that the core openstep
support is in active development, GNUmail works great,
and a good number of developers have created chat
tools, image manipulation programs, a vector graphics
program, and so forth.

The web-site overhaul was a nice first step, as that
is the "face" presented to prospective users.  A more
modern look implies up-to-date information.

-Brent