Marketing, was: Cocoa/Windows parallel dvlpmt

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Marketing, was: Cocoa/Windows parallel dvlpmt
Date: 08 Feb 2004 22:24:38 GMT

"Philippe C.D. Robert" <philippe.robert@gmx.net> wrote:
> Unfortunately, as you already mentioned, the GNUstep project is not very=20
> talented when it comes to marketing :-( Any ideas how to change this?

Maybe not describing the current helpers as "not very talented" would help
motivate them and attract new marketing helpers?  No-one is going to
volunteer to help a bunch of sourpusses who just flame them in threads with
subject lines that marketers probably won't read.  The people marketing
free software projects that I have had the pleasure of working with
usually have too little time, rather than lacking any skill.

Personally, I'd be happy if developers wrote a little more about what they
finished, and some people volunteered to collect, summarise and upload it
to the web. Once upon a time, there were weekly summaries of developments.
Can we start them again?

First, I think we need two lists of people:
1. who are the active developers and which will write a blog for us?
2. who is willing to help blog the work of 1 non-blogging developer?

Please reply...

--
MJR/slef