Re: GNUstep Icons and look proposal

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: GNUstep Icons and look proposal
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:47:13 +0100

On 2004-08-20 06:43:16 +0100 Banlu Kemiyatorn <object@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't have any money to donate (really!). One point is, people who
aren't really an artist but having designing skill can give some good ideas
in general. So I'm expecting more ideas from people like mpt or Deek
(even the NeXTb0rg one!)

The guideline should be complete with both visual examples and have
descriptions on every line, curve, their thicknesses, the degree of isometric (eg, so it won't cause too much space around the icon or if we should go oblique), etc.

hm well... I'm not sure we want to have something as detailed...
and I'm not sure I have ideas about all that :)
Could you perhaps write something about what you'd want ?

Also, what about vector icon? Supporting that could result
a big flick in the scheme.

Why ? we plan to support them with IconKit.. (well, technically it will probably use an ImageRep, but the point is that will be transparent for applications getting their
icons via the IconKit)

Thanks,

--
Nicolas Roard