Re: Questions

From: Doc O'Leary
Subject: Re: Questions
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 16:54:52 -0000 (UTC)

For your reference, records indicate that
Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

> Hi Doc,
>
> Doc O'Leary wrote:
> > The purpose of this discussion is to see if there*is*  a shared aim that
> > can be cooperatively achieved.  If there isn’t, the GNUstep project
> > should explicitly state that it will not welcome code or coders that
> > work with Apple platforms.
>
> now stop trolling and don't stretch yourself out of the balcony too much.

Attempting to shut down a discussion by painting me as a troll is not
helpful.  My purpose is to get GNUstep to actually issue a mission
statement.  Lacking one, I’m merely pointing out what can be inferred
from both the site and the comments of people here.  If you don’t like
the way GNUstep is being perceived, *say something more inspiring*!

> Actually we welcome porting efforts, especially of free software.

Not for any reasonable definition of the word “welcome”.  Your comments
here have been almost entirely unwelcoming when discussing the subject
of Mac apps.  I see no ports that are highlighted on the GNUstep site.
Even basic apps like TextEdit have quietly become “Unmaintained”.

So help me out.  Where is all this welcoming of Mac/iOS developers that
I’m missing?  Where is there support for any initiative to seek out and
support quality ObjC apps on GNUstep?  If you have no intention of doing
any such thing, *just say so*!  It’s not trolling for me to want GNUstep
to actually state its intentions.  I’m still just trying to find what
“shared aim” exists, if any.

--
"Also . . . I can kill you with my brain."
River Tam, Trash, Firefly