Re: Questions

From: Bertrand Dekoninck
Subject: Re: Questions
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 21:25:43 +0100

Seek professional medical help.

This kind of language should be unacceptable in a polite society no matter
the context.

You have not made a point, but just demonstrated you are unwilling to
encourage polite discussions.

Interesting that you clipped out what I responded to: Liam calling
Svetlana insane.  I guess you deemed that to be polite discussion?
Sounds like just more of the brogrammer nonsense hostility that makes
GNUstep unattractive to professional developers.

And if it wasn’t hostility, but a serious concern about someones mental
health?  Seems like the civilized thing to do would be to help them get
treatment.  Please stop stigmatizing people who may be suffering.

But let’s get back on topic here . . .

Mister O'Leary,
can you please stop insulting people on this list ?

Counting R. Mottola first, then L. Proven and finally I. Vucica, if I didn't miss something, that's for now 3 people of this little community that, in a way or another, you attacked personnally and ad hominem in terms that are not acceptable.

Can you please stop qualifying those who don't agree with yours views with that highly infamous "brogrammer" name I didn't know a week ago (english isn't my first langage).

If I refer to wikipedia, "A brogrammer (portmanteau of bro and programmer) is a slang term for a macho, male programmer".

And I would'nt be pleased to be a member of a community of machos.

Can you please stop taking so little excerpts from their mails that you can make them tell whatever you want ?

You won't convince anybody here with these methods which are, no matter what you could say, those of a big hairy troller.

Now, because I remember that you did complain about no mac apps being ported to GNUstep and supported by the team,

        - you are free to take the maintainership of TextEdit,

- you are even free - and that would be better- to take the maintainership of Bean, a mac app which is part of the GAP project.

Sincerely, Bertrand Dekoninck.