Re: GWorkspace and new ABI

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: GWorkspace and new ABI
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 15:06:30 +0100

Sorry for not responding, this was in spam.

Eyeballing for 2-3min, and nothing stands out. Correct libobjc.so.4.6 seems to be used.

1. Try using gdb to run GWorkspace (I'd guess gdb /usr/GNUstep/Applications/GWorkspace.app/GWorkspace should do the trick). Then when it inevitably calls abort(), you'll be dropped into gdb's CLI. Type 'bt' to get the backtrace which will tell you which library tried to access a bad protocol.

It still won't tell you which protocol is that, but it's a start.

2. If you haven't done things like that before and don't have time/will to try it now, and if you previously had GNUstep on the machine, I'd try to nuke /usr/GNUstep and possibly ~/GNUstep/Library/Libraries, then /etc/GNUstep.conf. Then reinstall from scratch.

Not sure what else to look at, but there's more capable people on this mailing list than me, and you can always try to debug this further yourself :-)