Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:25:13 -0500

    > I chose the M-g binding for that reason, and the reason continues to
    > have force.  So I don't intend to change that binding.

    I can't see the particular mnemonic value of that binding.

M-g is not mnemonic.  It is not a very good binding, but it seemed to
be the best that was available.  If you can suggest a better binding
for the text property commands, I could agree to moving them.

    AUCTeX has for its font selection commands C-c C-f C-t (for example,
    for switching to typewriter).

That's okay for AUCTeX because it is a major mode, but it would not be
allowed for a global binding.  Anyway, it is one extra character,
which is not very nice.  Anyone using Emacs to edit a document with
faces would probably use these commands very often.