Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 21:32:29 +0100

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 8:08 PM Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:

>  A user-facing bug tracker must be welcoming
> to users, otherwise you will miss many of those bugs.

That's a key point.

I know how to use debbugs, and even so I sometimes drag my feet before reporting a bug.

I don't access e-mail from Emacs, so the very idea of M-x report-emacs-bug + copy + switch to my web client (Gmail) + paste + deal with the carnage is... enough of a hassle that I often just write the bug report directly without M-x report-emacs-bug and its context info, trusting that whomever follows the bug will know I'm using the latest release and I generally know what I'm doing and how to report valuable information.

We have a bugtracker that is reasonably good for us, not for casual users.