Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 11:22:39 -0500

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 20:45:43 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Debbugs is a non-starter for any project that expects interaction
> > with its user base.
>
> A bug tracker should first and foremost help those who work on
> triaging and fixing bugs.  I have experience with 3 other issue
> tracking systems, and none of them is significantly better in this
> aspect; some are worse.

I also work with several bug tracking systems. Let me register my
personal displeasure with debbugs. I think it's primitive,
difficult for occasional users, and lacking in features for
sophisticated users. I recognize that there's a long discussion going
on about this and I don't have that much to add that others haven't,
but I thought it would be useful to note that there's yet another
person who doesn't love debbugs.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden