Sv: Sv: Sv: Sv: Christmas wish: Literate Elisp

From: arthur miller
Subject: Sv: Sv: Sv: Sv: Christmas wish: Literate Elisp
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 07:01:03 +0000

My 2nd patch was wrong as I noticed too late yesterady, sorry for that.
Unfortunately I didn't have time to fix it. Here is one that works (at least
in my emacs), if any one would like to test the idea and play with idea of
using literal elisp. It is not only about being able to omit ';' in comments.

The idea is that normally in elisp, compiler skips comment-lines and
evaluate everything else. Here compiler evaluates code-lines and skips
everythign else. While it might seems like a same thing, it is not! There is
a certain inversion and slight difference because of that apparently subtle
difference. For instance, sine but code is ignored, this lets one use
org-mode as a kind of annotation tool or organisational tool for the
code. Normally the parser would choke and produced  error
messages if it was feeded with org headings and so n.

Another possibility is to maybe be able use elisp as a template or
annotation language or code generator for some other languages. For
example one could write a C code and use elisp macros or code
generators which expand to C after eval-buffer, kind -of what org-mode
does, but it would maybe make it easier or open some more possibilites
if one combines org-mode with directly evaluable elisp. Don't know, haven't
had time yet.

Anyway, I hope you can give it a try and discuss the idea not the
implementeation, implementation is just a sketch to give you something
to play with. It is unnecessary to theorycraft essays about all kind of
space problems before one tries it, in my opinion.

Cheers