Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 18:19:06 +0300

> Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:02:45 +0000
> From: Theodor Thornhill <theothornhill@pm.me>
> Cc: philip@warpmail.net, dgutov@yandex.ru, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
>  As another provocative thought, should we perhaps consider the
>  major-mode of the buffer?
>
> Maybe, but I don’t see how just yet. I thought about this, but a project
> isn’t generally bound to one major
> mode, is it? I’d love some tips here.

A project could specify a list of major-modes, couldn't it?  That
would generally derive from the project's "purpose" or "goal", for
lack of a better word.  For example, a project where you build a
program would have prog-mode or some of its descendants in the list,
and perhaps also Texinfo and/or markdown for docs.  A project whose
purpose is to write an essay or a blog or might use descendants of
text-mode.  Etc., etc.