Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 21:19:37 +0300

On 19.06.2020 21:03, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
If for instance the project-switch-to-buffer should have to know
everything about every imaginable combination of interesting derivates
of a project, then I believe that would be a quite a bit larger
function (or at least a huge curated map of sorts).
What I had in mind was a simple filtering by major mode, not unlike
the current filtering by default-directory.  How complicate could that
be?

That's not how it works. A project is defined by the generic functions the API already has.

Even if some projects would prefer to work with files with certain extensions only (doesn't sound like a good idea to me), that would be an extra, new feature. As such, it is irrelevant to this discussion.