Re: NonGNU ELPA

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: NonGNU ELPA
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 08:52:11 +0300

* Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com> [2020-11-24 23:06]:
> I have three questions:
>
> Would it be useful to prepare a template for such a communication?
>
> Could we prepare a canonical URL for the GNU ELPA package
> requirements/rules outlined in a previous email by Richard?  I assume it
> would be placed under https://elpa.nongnu.org/requirements.htm or
> something similar, once Amin can get that hostname working.
>
> Should we add a special file to nongnu.git for recording the kind of
> arrangement we decide on?  I imagine that our ideal case would be number
> one above.  Perhaps we would only need to note anything down when we
> have a different arrangement from the first case.

Some thoughts:

You should take notes by date on the relation with the developers as
that helps greatly other developers to understand what it is. Any
communication with developer as it is public should be quickly
accessible from such notes. If there is specific decision or anything
in the mailing list to be noted, you may insert URL to the message in
such notes.

Note could contain:

- dates of notes
- names and contact information
- sources URLs and changes of such
- references to previous decisive communication objects