Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 09:36:59 +0000

Emacs is free to use the free C-x LETTER slots. There were only 5 such free slots until a few days ago: c g j w x.

I don't care about any keybindings because I always use my own. But why all this fuss with something as handy as M-g practically empty?

I think M-g is for "goto" actions. What we have here are "buffer" actions. IMO it is better to put them on separate keymaps. The exception is C-x r, which is used for registers, rectangles and bookmarks, which is IMO confusing.