RE: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 00:45:37 +0000

> Perhaps `C-x x <letter>' would be nice for these buffer-related
> commands?  It's not exactly mnemonic, but it has a certain ring to it.
>
> Any major packages that have claimed the `C-x x' binding, then?

Please, no.  I had a zillion bindings on prefix
key `C-x p' for Bookmark+.

Then, recently, you grabbed that key for Project,
paying no attention to my requests to please not
do that.  Maybe my packages don't count for you
as "any major packages", but they count to me.

When you did that, I moved all of my `C-x p' keys
to prefix key `C-x x'.  And now?  You want to
take over `C-x x' also.

When will this stop?  Can't we please have a
_moratorium__ on Emacs using up, with default
bindings, the few remaining unused keys?

You guys are now desperately _looking_ for some
commands that you might be able to clump together
on a prefix key, just because you've decided to
waste a default binding on `revert-buffer'.

You have a solution in search of a problem.

35+ years Emacs lived without a default binding
for `revert-buffer'.  Now, suddenly you can't
do without one.
___

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus#BookmarkPrefixKeys
___

Global Bindings Starting With C-x x:
key             binding
---             -------

C-x x C-b       bmkp-previous-bookmark-repeat
C-x x C-f       bmkp-next-bookmark-repeat
C-x x C-j       bmkp-jump-to-list
C-x x C-k       bmkp-delete-bookmarks
C-x x C-l       bmkp-switch-to-bookmark-file-this-file/buffer
C-x x RET       bmkp-toggle-autonamed-bookmark-set/delete
C-x x C-n       bmkp-next-bookmark-this-file/buffer-repeat
C-x x C-p       bmkp-previous-bookmark-this-file/buffer-repeat
C-x x C-s       bmkp-save-bookmarks-this-file/buffer
C-x x C-u       bmkp-unlight-bookmark-here
C-x x ESC       Prefix Command
C-x x ,         bmkp-this-file/buffer-bmenu-list
C-x x 0         bmkp-empty-file
C-x x 2         bmkp-clone-bookmark
C-x x 5         bookmark-jump-other-frame
C-x x :         bmkp-choose-navlist-of-type
C-x x =         bmkp-bookmarks-lighted-at-point
C-x x ?         bmkp-describe-bookmark-lighted-here
C-x x B         bmkp-choose-navlist-from-bookmark-list
C-x x E         bmkp-edit-bookmark-record
C-x x H         bmkp-light-bookmarks
C-x x I         bookmark-insert-location
C-x x K         bmkp-set-desktop-bookmark
C-x x L         bmkp-switch-bookmark-file-create
C-x x M         bookmark-set-no-overwrite
C-x x N         bmkp-navlist-bmenu-list
C-x x U         bmkp-unlight-bookmarks
C-x x a         Prefix Command
C-x x b         bmkp-previous-bookmark-repeat
C-x x c         Prefix Command
C-x x d         bookmark-delete
C-x x e         edit-bookmarks
C-x x f         bmkp-next-bookmark-repeat
C-x x g         bookmark-jump
C-x x h         bmkp-light-bookmark-this-buffer
C-x x i         bookmark-insert
C-x x j         bookmark-jump
C-x x l         bookmark-load
C-x x m         bmkp-bookmark-set-confirm-overwrite
C-x x n         bmkp-next-bookmark-this-file/buffer-repeat
C-x x o         bookmark-jump-other-window
C-x x p         bmkp-previous-bookmark-this-file/buffer-repeat
C-x x q         bookmark-jump-other-window
C-x x r         bmkp-edit-bookmark-name-and-location
C-x x s         bookmark-save
C-x x t         Prefix Command
C-x x u         bmkp-unlight-bookmark-this-buffer
C-x x w         bookmark-write
C-x x x         bmkp-toggle-autotemp-on-set
C-x x y         bmkp-set-bookmark-file-bookmark
C-x x <C-down>  bmkp-next-lighted-this-buffer-repeat
C-x x <C-up>    bmkp-previous-lighted-this-buffer-repeat
C-x x <delete>                  bmkp-delete-bookmarks
C-x x <deletechar>              bmkp-delete-bookmarks
C-x x <deleteline>              bmkp-delete-bookmarks
C-x x <down>                    bmkp-next-bookmark-this-file/buffer-repeat
C-x x <kp-delete>               bmkp-delete-bookmarks
C-x x <left>                    bmkp-previous-bookmark-repeat
C-x x <next>                    bmkp-next-bookmark-w32-repeat
C-x x <prior>                   bmkp-previous-bookmark-w32-repeat
C-x x <right>                   bmkp-next-bookmark-repeat
C-x x <up>      bmkp-previous-bookmark-this-file/buffer-repeat
C-x x <wheel-down>              bmkp-next-bookmark-this-file/buffer-repeat
C-x x <wheel-up>                bmkp-previous-bookmark-this-file/buffer-repeat

C-x x t C-y     bmkp-paste-add-tags
C-x x t ESC     Prefix Command
C-x x t +       Prefix Command
C-x x t -       Prefix Command
C-x x t 0       bmkp-remove-all-tags
C-x x t V       bmkp-set-tag-value-for-navlist
C-x x t c       bmkp-copy-tags
C-x x t d       bmkp-remove-tags-from-all
C-x x t e       bmkp-edit-tags
C-x x t l       bmkp-list-all-tags
C-x x t p       bmkp-paste-add-tags
C-x x t q       bmkp-paste-replace-tags
C-x x t r       bmkp-rename-tag
C-x x t v       bmkp-set-tag-value

C-x x c C-k     bmkp-wrap-bookmark-with-last-kbd-macro
C-x x c RET     bmkp-toggle-autonamed-bookmark-set/delete
C-x x c ESC     Prefix Command
C-x x c F       bmkp-make-function-bookmark
C-x x c K       bmkp-set-desktop-bookmark
C-x x c M       bookmark-set
C-x x c a       bmkp-autofile-set
C-x x c f       bmkp-file-target-set
C-x x c m       bmkp-bookmark-set-confirm-overwrite
C-x x c s       bmkp-set-sequence-bookmark
C-x x c u       bmkp-url-target-set
C-x x c y       bmkp-set-bookmark-file-bookmark

C-x x a B       bmkp-annotate-all-bookmarks-this-file/buffer
C-x x a S       bookmark-show-all-annotations
C-x x a a       bmkp-annotate-bookmark
C-x x a b       bmkp-annotate-bookmark-this-file/buffer
C-x x a e       bookmark-edit-annotation
C-x x a s       bookmark-show-annotation

C-x x M-w       bmkp-set-snippet-bookmark

C-x x t M-w     bmkp-copy-tags

C-x x t - a     bmkp-untag-a-file
C-x x t - b     bmkp-remove-tags

C-x x t + a     bmkp-tag-a-file
C-x x t + b     bmkp-add-tags

C-x x c M-w     bmkp-set-snippet-bookmark