RE: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 18:31:24 +0000

> I have nothing against technical objections, and said or did nothing
> to prevent the technical discussions, including in this very thread.

You said that no technical objections had been raised.

> The post to which you responded was only about a single demand: to
> make a user poll each time we add a new key binding (or make a similar
> change).

No, I was the one who posted about polling.
And I did not demand anything at all.

I just asked _questions_:

  How do we know that?  Users haven't been polled,
  have they?  Emacs users and Emacs have survived
  for 35+ years without a global binding for
  `revert-buffer'.  Why assume that most users now
  would be happier if it had a global binding?

AFAICT, no one has demanded that a poll be required
for every question - or even for _any_ question.
But you keep repeating that people have been making
such "demands".  That's not fair.

> > As far as I can tell, the suggestion of a poll was only metaphorical,
>
> Then I guess I have trouble understanding written English, because to
> me the demand to take a poll sounded very much as an explicit and
> concrete one.

Please cite the "demand to take a poll" to which
you're referring.