Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key and reserve it for third-party packages

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key and reserve it for third-party packages
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 09:10:39 -0500

   > Wasn't C-\alpha supposed to be a global keybinding?  org-mode speciic
   > bindings don't make sense outside of org-mode and mode specific
   > keybindings already have a set that is already reserved for them.

   Org-mode has indeed its own bindings when you are in an org-mode buffer,
   but three of its commands make sense / are designed to be used outside of
   org-mode buffers: org-agenda, org-capture and org-store-link.

So just random thinking, since we have calendar mode, and diary mode.
And those do not have a global binding, why should
org-agenda/org-capture/org-store-link get one?

Or why not put org-store-link under C-x r ?  This seems similar enough
to "bookmarks", capture might even also fit there.  Agenda, too if you
squint I suppose -- or an alias M-x agenda.