Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key and reserve it for third-party packages

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key and reserve it for third-party packages
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 09:36:00 +0100

    >> vc and Magit are two completely separate things to me (even though I
    >> do use vc to do git stuff as well).

    Alfred>    Most of Magit's commands don't need to be bound globally anyway.

    Alfred> Then it makes even more sense to just pick a key under C-x v.

I donʼt follow. Magit is used for magit stuff, from the magit-status
window. If people want to use magit commands from other places, they
can choose their own binding or use the magit recommended ones.

vc is for abstracting away the differences between different version
control systems, why would magit commands need to share a prefix with
it?

Robert