Re: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 11:19:45 +0300

* Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> [2021-02-04 01:38]:
> I think Gregory already proposed the best approach, but now people are
> arguing about Magit, projectile or philosophical questions.
>
> IMHO, I would prefer that after a deadline you make a decision (even if
> it is the opposite to what I expect) and close it. Otherwise it becomes
> a never ending collections of emails with no final results...

I can understand that you had a purpose of discussion and such is
probably reflected in the subject. Your focus is or was on the
purpose. But then many people participate introduced various useful
details. That makes the discussion informative, thought provoking and
educational. I learn about other people's habits in using Emacs and
their thoughts in developments. References to manuals then help me
make better decisions on key bindings in packages I am developing.