RE: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 17:36:19 +0000

>    You don't seem to be hearing that I want more
>    than just reserving one prefix key, `C-o'.
>
> There are far more solutions to this problem than
> just unbinding keys unconditionally for some unknown
> future case that nobody can figure out.

I never suggested unbinding any keys, to reserve
them for 3rd-party code.  I proposed that we put
in place a moratorium on Emacs binding any more
unbound keys, and that keys that currently are
_not_ bound by default be reserved for 3rd-party
code.

The idea is that Emacs stop grabbing virgin
territory for new default key bindings.  This
proposal I made didn't call for unbinding any
keys.