Re: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 05:57:26 -0500

   >> That's what I thought until today, but indeed I may be wrong.  Could
   >> you please explain how it is possible to use the super modifier in a
   >> console?
   >
   > Without any reconfigs, "C-x @ s x" for s-x (see the
   > event-apply-FOO-modifier functions).

   That's not "using the super modifier", that's "a trick to fake the use of
   the super modifier".

The claim here was that it cannot be used, it can and trivially so and
works out of the box.  The super modifier (and hyper, etc) are fully
supported by Emacs.

The "trick" is exactly the same as for Meta which also has issues on
consoles (on OpenBSD you need to explicitly fix it for example, same
on some GNU/Linux systems).

There is also another key space that is already used by Emacs, and
that is Alt.  E.g, A-}, A-a < etc.