Re: Smarter M-x that filters on major-mode

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Smarter M-x that filters on major-mode
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 17:15:16 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> For some minor feature to do with M-x.

This is your opinion. Speaking as a humble user, this is the UI feature
in Emacs 28 that will have the greatest impact in my workflow.

Furthermore, I would say that Emacs allowing you to invoke commands that
have nothing to do with the current context and which likely outcome is
to confuse the user or, worse, mess up things, is a serious QoI issue.

We accepted this as a given, but it is a glaring deficiency
nevertheless.

> A feature which not
> everybody wants (I certainly don't), and not everybody will use.

Like every other feature in Emacs.