Re: Cleaning out old X11 toolkits?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Cleaning out old X11 toolkits?
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 19:48:55 +0200

> From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@gentoo.org>
> Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 10:33:32 +0100
> Cc: Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> (BTW, why doesn't --without-all imply the --without-json and
> --without-libgmp options? That's what I would have expected.)

GMP cannot be removed, since we now support bignums, and that's not an
optional feature.

Native support for JSON could be disabled, but it's a small addition
that gives a significant gain.  E.g., without it LSP and similar stuff
will work much slower.

The description of --without-all says "almost all features", which is
accurate enough, I think.