RE: [External] : Re: scratch/command 064f146 1/2: Change command to inte

From: Matt Armstrong
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: scratch/command 064f146 1/2: Change command to interactive ... modes
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 08:53:24 -0800

>> I think that in the long term, taking care to not
>> make simple things like making a command for a
>> mode too arduous, is important.
>
> I may be missing something, but is making a command
> for a mode arduous now (before your recent changes)?
> Just what's hard about it?  Haven't we all been
> making mode-specific commands painlessly forever?
>
> Is it possible that you have a new hammer and are
> looking for nails to use it on?  I know you said,
> you're now seeing nails everywhere.

[...]

I think you're missing which came first.

The nail: Lars sought a way to associate interactive commands with
modes.  This is for the benefit of interactive help, completion in a
(new) command purpose built for mode specific commands, etc.

The Hammer: The interactive form currently under debate.

He did not change (interactive) and only then wonder what to do with it.