Re: Current mode command discovery

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Current mode command discovery
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 20:33:15 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> What do you tell a user who cannot invoke a command?  "Wait for the
> next release"?

No?  The default is to hide no commands (since earlier today)?  So I'm
not sure what you're asking here.

So bugs in this area are inconsequential compared to other bugs.  Where
they do have to wait for the next release.

> That's why "fire escapes" are useful: they are Plan B for when the
> unexpected strikes.

Of course.  There's been fire escapes
(`read-extended-command-predicate') in this since the first patch, so,
again, I'm not sure why you're bringing that up.