Re: Image transformation filter for upscaled images

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Image transformation filter for upscaled images
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 20:18:21 +0100

Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org> writes:

> I don't feel strongly about this. Can someone try the "best" filter
> and see if good is an improvement over it? We use best for scaling
> down, so if we're happy with best for scaling up then we can just
> remove the code that sets it completely. Or go with good across the
> board, but best is, y'know, better. ;)

The problem is that icons that are scaled up look like fuzzy messes when
scaled up with "best", I think?  But scaling up text does indeed look
kinda bad when using the current method.

Text images are usually large, while icons are usually small, so we
could use some heuristic for switching between the methods.