Re: Image transformation filter for upscaled images

From: Evgeny Zajcev
Subject: Re: Image transformation filter for upscaled images
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 11:34:28 +0300

вт, 9 мар. 2021 г. в 00:59, Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org>:
On Mon, Mar 08, 2021 at 10:31:16PM +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org> writes:
>
> > I don't know, I'd be inclined to go with adding an image option, like
> > ":filter smooth" or ":filter nearest" and letting mode authors choose
> > what they think is best.
>
> Yes, that's an excellent idea.

Not my idea, but certainly a good one. :)

> > (Also, I think :filter may be taken, so perhaps just ":smooth t/nil"
> > or something...)
>
> Sure.  Or...  :scaling-algorithm...

I was wrong, :filter is available, I'll have a bit more of a think
about what we want to call it.

As for default behaviour, I'm inclined to stick with what we have
where scaling down uses best and scaling up uses nearest neighbour but
any use of :filter (or whatever) over-rides the default. Anyone have
an opinion? Do we just want to use best everywhere by default?

I vote for "best" everywhere by default, making doc-view shine out-of-box

--
lg