Re: Grammar checking in Emacs

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Grammar checking in Emacs
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 16:43:54 +0100

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 09:30:07AM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I wonder if the increasing tendency to write software extensions as
> > servers instead of libraries is calculated not only to promote SaaSS and
> > dependency, but even to promote a way of interfacing software that allows
> > circumventing copyleft…
>
> I'm pretty sure that's of no concern.
> "Don't attribute to malice that which ...."

OTOH, there goes my favourite, let's call it "Bernie's Bastard" [1], [2].

  "Any sufficiently advanced malice is indistinguishable from stupidity"

It's dangerous, because it tends to spawn conspiracy theories,

Cheers
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke%27s_Laws
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_Razor

 - t