Re: sqlite3

From: Georges Ko
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 01:25:21 +0800

Alexandre Garreau <galex-713@galex-713.eu> writes:

> However, I feel like the core point that many must feel and that would
> justify all these lengthy and not always that much dense discussions is
> that SQLite is actually very useful, very demanded, very popular, and
> that’s precisely the problem.  SQLite has been described, as long with
> ZLib, as “one of the two most used software on the planet”, it’s almost
> everywhere, so the network effect is *extremely powerful* in their favor.

Yes, why would I prefer to run "sqlite3 FILE", type SQL or other
SQLite-specific commands, etc. over just opening it in Emacs to
automatically view the list of tables and press Enter to see all the
rows of a table?

Isn't it nice to be able to view & edit SQLite files as easily as .tar,
.jar or .zip?

Georges
--
 Georges Ko                     gko@gko.net                      2021-12-16